Why have a Body Lift?
Body lifts are a great solution for people who experience loose folds of skin around the abdominal area, flanks, back, thighs and buttocks from:
- Massive weight loss through dieting and exercise
- Loss of skin elasticity, due to age, pregnancy or heredity
Body lifts remove excess skin and underlying fat, then reconstructs or “lifts” the skin to achieve a tighter, more toned look. The transformation is dramatic for most patients, resulting in improved body contour, better fitting clothes and improved overall appearance and self-image.
About the Procedure
A complete lower body lift treats the buttocks, abdomen, waist, hips and thighs in one procedure. A circumferential incision around the body removes an apron of excess skin and fat and repositions and tightens tissues. The length and pattern of your surgical incision will depend on the amount and location of excess skin that must be removed to provide your desired result.
Recovery & Aftercare
- Patients may experience some degree of bruising, swelling and tenderness
- Bed rest for several days following surgery is recommended
- Limit activity for several weeks following surgery
- Avoid strenuous activities for about four to six weeks
- Return to work in about three to four weeks
- You will be placed into a form fitting compression garment to help keep the swelling to a minimum and expedite the healing process
- Liposuction may be done in conjunction with a body lift
- Patients with sagging breasts may benefit from a breast reduction or lift
- Please discuss these additional options with our Baltimore plastic surgeons
Body lifts are deemed a cosmetic procedure and are therefore not covered by insurance.
**NOTE: The specific risks and the suitability of this procedure for any given individual can only be determined through a consultation with Dr. Cohen.